If, in the judgment of Anime California, an exhibitor is operating contrary to the policies of the Association or the venue, Anime California may cancel the exhibitor’s space, and the exhibitor’s fee will be forfeited. Anime California reserves the right to change nonrented spaces within the Anime California Exhibit Hall without notice to the exhibitors, vendors or artists.
- Anime California will make every attempt to comply with requests for assignment of exhibit locations on a first-come, first-served basis. Location assignments will be made solely at the discretion of the Anime California Exhibit Hall manager. The Anime California Exhibit Hall manager reserves the right to reconfigure the show floor as it deems necessary in the best interest of the show or for logistical and safety reasons. This contract is for the use of the amount of space indicated and not for any specific location on the show floor.
- There is no smoking allowed in the Anime California Exhibit Hall nor near any entrance to the facility, during the event, set-up, or tear-down.
- Booths must be staffed during all show hours and until the official closing of the Anime California Exhibit Hall.
- This contract provides for the use of exhibit space only. Furnishings (other than these included in the basic package), installation or removal labor, freight, drayage, phone, Internet access, and electric service are not included in these fees.
- Each exhibitor is solely and fully responsible for its own material and should insure its exhibit against loss or damage from any cause whatsoever.
- Exhibitors, vendors or artists must furnish Anime California with a list of items to be exhibited. Anime California reserves the right to accept or reject any exhibit that may detract from the general character of the display. Any food or beverage service from your exhibit booth must be coordinated with Anime California prior to the conference.
- Display boards and other high exhibits must not be placed so as to interfere with other exhibits. Any construction in excess of 4’ in height must be kept within 3’ of the rear of the booth, and no construction can exceed 8’ in height. If your display exceeds these limits, contact Anime California, and an attempt will be made to locate your exhibit where it will not interfere with other booths.
- If the operation of any equipment produces noise or odors annoying or inconvenient to exhibitors, vendors or artists or delegates, it will be necessary to discontinue such an operation. Sound may reach the immediate vicinity of the exhibitor’s area only, and it is urged that displays with sound be equipped with earphones.
- All demonstrations, interviews, or other activities must be confined to the booth. Aisles must be kept clear, and exhibits must be arranged so that salespersons will be inside the rented space. Exhibitors, vendors or artists may have drawings and award prizes or gifts in their own exhibit booths. There will be no exhibitor drawings or awarding of prizes at any conference function without prior approval from the Anime California Exhibit Hall manager.
- Advertising and sales promotion materials may be distributed from booths only. No materials may be left in public areas for distribution or placed on seats, attached to the walls, ceilings, and so forth of the venue.
- No exhibitor or sponsor can exhibit or permit to be exhibited in the space allotted or as part of their sponsorship any company, organization, or products other than those specified in the application. Subletting or licensing of space or use of space not explicitly authorized in writing by the Anime California Exhibit Hall manager is prohibited. Sharing of an exhibit by two or more companies is not permitted except as specifically arranged and approved by the Anime California Exhibit Hall manager in writing in advance.
- Exhibitors, vendors or artists are asked to refrain from operating hospitality suites at times that conflict with events that are part of the official conference program. Hospitality functions should not encourage or permit alcohol abuse nor place emphasis on quantity and frequency of use of alcoholic beverages. Alternative beverages should always be available. Hospitality suites must be open to all registered conference guests and Anime California staff.
- Adult-themed works that include nudity, adult situations, profanity, drugs, alcohol use, and or violence, must be kept out of sight of minors. Portfolios may be kept under the table until requested by adults (18+). Any sale of such items from adults will require a government-issued photo ID at the time of purchase, and must be issued a dark-colored bag to hold items.
- Exhibits must comply with all union labor regulations. Rules and regulations for union labor are made by local unions and may be changed at any time.
- Exhibitors, vendors or artists will be held responsible for any damage done to the venue property by the exhibitor or representatives of the exhibitor. No nails, tacks, screws, or other items can be driven into the walls or floor of the building.
- A security officer will be on duty in the Anime California Exhibit Hall area while exhibits are closed. The officer’s presence does not constitute acceptance of any responsibility for security of the exhibitors, vendors or artist’s products. Any items of value should be taken from the hall when booths are unattended. An Anime California staff member or volunteer member will be assigned to the entrance during the hours that the exhibit area is open.
- Any grievances during the conference should be directed first to the Anime California Exhibit Hall manager.
Cancellation of Lease
Exhibitors, vendors or artists will have the right to cancel this agreement at any time by written notice to Anime California. In the event of such cancellation received up to 40 days prior to the Anime California Exhibit Hall, Anime California will refund the total booth space cost on cancellation notice. Anime California will refund 50 percent of the total booth space cost on cancellations received between 39 and 21 days prior to the Anime California Exhibit Hall provided the booth is paid in full. No refunds will be made on cancellations received within 20 days of the Anime California Exhibit Hall.
Rules and Regulations
To ensure efficient and punctual set-up and tear-down, this show will conform to the rules and regulations formulated by the event and the venue. These rules specify exactly how an exhibitor may use the services of a firm other than the official contractor to install and dismantle exhibits in a show. Exhibitors, vendors or artists must notify the show manager at least 30 days in advance of the show that they will be using an outside contractor, supplying the name, address, and supervisor in attendance. Outside contractors must communicate to the show manager at least 30 days in advance of the show what exhibiting companies have requested work and whom the outside contractor will employ. The contractor must supply appropriate insurance certificates.
Exhibitor assumes entire responsibility and hereby agrees to protect, indemnify, defend, and save Anime California and the venue and its employees and agents harmless against all claims, losses, and damages to persons or property, governmental charges or fines, and attorney fees arising out of or caused by exhibitor’s installation, removal, maintenance, occupancy, or use of the exhibition premises or a part hereof, excluding any such liability caused by the sole negligence of the venue, its employees, and its agents.