ANIME CALIFORNIA PROPS POLICY
All weapons and large props must be inspected and approved by our operations or security staff at the convention. We will then “Peace Mark” them by affixing a ribbon that indicates we have checked them. If necessary we may also “Peace Bond” them by using a ribbon or tie to keep your weapon from being drawn or used by either the owner or others. It is a privilege to bring large props and weapons to the convention, and everyone must take great care to be careful not to cause damage to both the venue and people within the venue. We will allow certain specific prop weapons or large props, however if it is not listed below it will not be allowed in. Please be aware that due to crowding, space, or potential safety hazards the rules will be subject to change mid convention to ensure safety.
- Guns: Any gun that may appear realistic are only allowed if they have a very obvious bright orange tip that shows they are non-working/lethal guns. Toy or Fantasy guns that appear obviously fake are allowed. Any gun that has the potential to work or may appear to be real to the public however are not allowed.
- Swords: Wooden or plastic variants are allowed so long as they can be tied shut in their sheath. Swords must never be waved around or wielded, but they can be used for still posing for photographs.
- Bows: Toy, wooden, or plastic bows can sometimes be permitted. However profession or compound bows are not. Equipping an arrow to a bow is absolutely unacceptable, even for photos.
- Large Props: While large props are generally okay we ask you be mindful of surroundings when weidling them. No prop should supersede the height of 8 feet in length or width. This is to avoid clogging of entry ways as well as elevators. If crowding becomes a problem we may ask you to return your props to either your hotel or your car. We will not store them for you.
- Dangerous Things: Please keep your extremely dangerous things, like your Class IV lasers and missile launchers, at home. (Of course these examples are fictional, but please remember to use some common sense)
- Pretend Weapons: Anything that is entirely obviously a play/pretend weapon and cannot be mistaken whatsoever as something that is real is permitted.
Any weapons may be disallowed at any time at the discretion of con staff.
ANIME CALIFORNIA COSPLAY POLICY
Here at Anime California we encourage the creativity of all cosplayers from all walks of life! Cosplay is about having fun first and foremost! However we ask that you are mindful of your location and fellow attendees when cosplaying. We are an all ages convention after all! Below are a few guidelines to abide while here at Anime California.
- Indecent Exposure: Cosplays should not expose the body in any way that may be considered indecent exposure by Los Angeles county law! Private parts must be covered at all times, any cosplay that may have high exposure must ensure that their cosplay cannot move.
- Cosplay Size: All cosplays must not supersede 8 feet by height nor width. This includes the size of the cosplayer. Furthermore a cosplay cannot span the length of two people or more. Cosplays must not impede or obstruct traffic or entryways.
- Signs: Any signage that acts as self promotion or soliciting will not be permitted.
- Footwear: Shoes are required at all times.
- Inappropriate Costumes: No cosplays that may depict realistic law enforcement, military, medical personal, or official government agents will be permitted. “Vintage” historical uniform cosplays may be addressed at the conventions discretion.
If caught breaking the following rules you may be asked to change your cosplay