Welcome to Anime California! We are excited to be opening our doors to people of all walks of life, and hope to provide a safe environment to all in attendance! The rules provided here are to ensure the safety of attendees, staff, and all others who may walk our halls! It is everyone’s duty to follow these rules to assure that all attending Anime California may have an enjoyable experience in a safe environment.
While in our convention spaces please keep your badge visible at all times! Anime California reserves the right to refuse entrance and/or service to any person or persons at the convention!
RULES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the general conduct policies we also have rules and guidelines for cosplay, press, exhibitors, and all others. For more specific guidelines please contact your respective departments for further information! Violations of any of the following rules or responsibilities as an attendee can result in loss of privileges! Up to and including ejection without refund, legal action, or involvement with the authorities.
- Please refrain from behaving in a way that may prevent an attendee, staff, or hotel worker from enjoying their time at Anime California. If it may appear dangerous, obnoxious, uncomfortable, or otherwise compromising please refrain from doing so. It is the responsibility of all to make sure that we all have a safe and enjoyable weekend!
- Any of the following behavior is not tolerated: sexually explicit language, profanity, obscene gestures, and racist, religious, or ethnic slurs
- “Cosplay is not Consent”. We at Anime California are firm believers in this policy! Sexual harassment is not tolerated. This means do not touch any cosplayer without consent, no exceptions. We have a zero tolerance policy in regards to sexual harassment.
- If it is illegal outside of the convention, it is illegal here. Excessive or underage alcohol use, drug use, harassment, carrying a firearm, and any thing else that may be against the law is still against the law at Anime California. This is not the wild west. You will lose your badge and the privilege to attend our convention! If you have a safety or security concern bring it to the convention’s operation center immediately. For emergencies dial 911.
- Hotel Parties — If you are hosting a party where alcohol is being served it is your personal responsibility to ensure that anyone consuming alcohol is of age. We also recommended that there be someone designated to not drink as to have a competent person on site in case of emergencies.
- Underage drinking is prohibited anywhere inside and outside the convention. Anyone caught drinking and/or suspected of being under the influence who is not able to provide a government issued ID, will have their badge removed and be reported to the local authorities.
- Photography and video recording of any kind are strictly prohibited during any AMV contest or anime screenings.
- Selling anything of any kind at the convention is prohibited unless you are a registered exhibitor with the convention.
- When attending Anime California you are consenting to the use of any photography or video footage taken by the staff, approved industry, or media in highlights, marketing endeavors, or other medias without compensation to you. Your attendance constitutes a grant of rights to the convention to reproduce, display, distribute, perform, creative derivative works of, or otherwise use any video or pictures that it obtains and in any manner throughout the world in perpetuity, including online, for broadcast, or other transmissions.
- These rules apply to all types of attendees, including exhibitors, press, and other con attendees. We may also establish additional policies covering press, exhibitors, and others.
- The convention’s code of conduct and other rules are subject to change at any time, and without notice, at the discretion of the convention. Violation of the rules is grounds for immediate loss of your convention badge and suspension from the convention.